Right out of the crate, it's out of this worldFrom racing around the track in no time to conquering the urban maze in real time, the 2013 YZF-R6 turns heads as effortlessly as it does corners.And does everything to perfection. Light, powerful, and bristling with nearly every cutting-edge innovation, it features a taut, tunable chassis that lets it maneuver from upright to full lean instantly - and carve tight, perfect lines. If you're searching for the ultimate 600, look no further.EngineType599cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 titanium valvesBore x Stroke67.0 x 42.5mmCompression Ratio13.1:1Fuel DeliveryFuel Injection with YCC-T and YCC-IIgnitionTCI: Transistor Controlled IgnitionTransmission6-speed w/multiplate slipper clutchFinal DriveO-ring chainChassisSuspension / Front41mm inverted fork; 4-way adjustable, 4.5-in travelSuspension / RearSingle shock; 4-way adjustable, 4.7-in travelBrakes / FrontDual 310mm floating disc; radial-mount 4-piston calipersBrakes / Rear220mm disc; single-piston caliperTires / Front120/70-ZR17 58WTires / Rear180/55-ZR17 73WDimensionsLength80.3 inWidth27.8 inHeight43.1 inSeat Height33.5 inWheelbase54.1 inRake (Caster Angle)24Â°Trail3.8 inOil Capacity (with oil filter change)2.75 qtFuel Capacity4.5 galFuel Economy**40 mpgWet Weight***417 lbOtherPrimary Reduction Ratio85/41 (2.073)Secondary Reduction Ratio45/16 (2.813)Gear Ratio - 1st Gear31/12 (2.583)Gear Ratio - 2nd Gear32/16 (2.000)Gear Ratio - 3rd Gear30/18 (1.667)Gear Ratio - 4th Gear26/18 (1.444)Gear Ratio - 5th Gear27/21 (1.286)Gear Ratio - 6th Gear23/20 (1.150)Key Features :
- Light, powerful, and bristling with knowledge gained from years of racing, the YZF-R6 is the most advanced production 600cc motorcycle Yamahaâ€"or anybody elseâ€"has ever built.
- The YZF-R6 was the first production motorcycle with YCC-TÂ®, Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle systemâ€"for flawless response under all conditions.
- YCC-IÂ®, Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake, is used on the R6 to vary intake tract length for excellent cylinder filling and a broader powerband.
- Back torque-limiting slipper-type clutch greatly facilitates braking/downshifting from high speed. Close-ratio 6-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
- Compact, lightweight 67mm x 42.5mm, 599cc DOHC 16-valve, liquid-cooled titanium-valved four-cylinder has a compression ratio of 13.1:1, for great response. Domed pistons with valve cutouts produce a compact combustion chamber.
- Fuel injection mapping for the YCC-Tâ€"Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle dual-injector system complements the high compression ratio for great throttle response and reduced engine braking.
- YCC-Iâ€"Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake electronically varies intake tract length for a broader powerband.
- YCC-T uses a powerful ECU and multiple sensors to provide perfect, smooth engine response and optimal power whenever the throttle is twisted under all conditions.
- Twin-injector fuel injection: shower-type injectors above each intake funnel help achieve optimum fuel atomization at high rpm.
- Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking and downshifting from high speed. Close-ratio six-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
- GP-style titanium muffler contributes to mass centralization and contains EXUPÂ® for a broad powerband, and 02 sensor for spot-on injection and emissions compliance.
- Linerless, direct-plated ceramic-composite cylinder bores mean greater heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction.
- Cool magnesium valve and engine covers are light and stylish.
- Direct-ignition coils, dual-electrode spark plugs and high-output magneto deliver extremely accurate, reliable firing.
Additional Features :
- A magnesium subframe removes weight from the rear of the motorcycle for increased mass centralization.
- DeltaboxÂ® aluminum frame incorporates GP thinking in terms of engine positioning and rigidity for the ultimate in 600-class handling.
- The lightweight swingarm pivots high in the frame, for increased anti-squat effect and mid-corner stability. TZ-type chain adjusters ease rear tire changes.
- Four-way adjustable class="table table-borderless" (preload, high-speed compression, low-speed compression and rebound damping) inverted fork with 41mm tubes increases freedom in setting up for street or track use; soak up the bumps and resist bottoming when braking.
- Four-way adjustable class="table table-borderless" (preload, high-speed compression, low-speed compression and rebound damping) piggyback rear shock delivers exceptional rear wheel tracking and stability.
- Dual 310mm front disc brakes use forged one-piece radial-mount calipers and radial-pump front master cylinder with adjustable class="table table-borderless" lever for astounding braking power and feel.
- The casting technique for the five-spoke 17-inch wheels makes the rims light and strong, not to mention wickedly cool-looking.
- Removable rear shock spacer and adjustable class="table table-borderless" fork ride height allows the rider to tailor the ride position for the best fit and comfort.
- Built-in lap timer is controlled by a right handlebar switch.
- Multifunction digital and analog instrumentation features: programmable shift light, digital speedometer, analog tachometer, dual tripmeters with miles-on-reserve function, odometer, water temp gauge and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals.